The TrueView™ Tension Indicator with Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration is a general purpose device for the measurement and display of process web tension.
In addition to amplifying the signal output from tension transducers installed in the web path and displaying actual tension on an its analog meter, the TrueView Tension Indicator powers the tension transducer (or transducer pair) and provides an isolated 0-to-10Vdc (or optional isolated 4-to-20 mA) signal proportional to tension for a drive, controller or PLC. A status LED lights when power is applied.
For mounting on a web machine or press frame, the TrueView Tension Indicator is available in a compact, steel, full enclosure (E) or in an open Panel Mount (P) version for mounting into a cutout on an OEM operator panel or cabinet.
External connections are by means of a closed terminal strip header for power and signal outputs, and by circular connectors for transducer cables.
CE-marking, integrated electrical isolation, package options, ease-of-installation, ease-of-use, and low cost make the TrueView indicator a value for web tension monitoring or control applications.
There are two power input choices available. The TrueView TI23 operates on 115Vac 60Hz (230Vac 50Hz optional) and the TI24 operates on 24Vdc, power supplied separately.
• 115/230 Vac 50/60 Hz power input (TI23) or 24 Vdc (TI24)
• 0 to 10 Vdc isolated output proportional to tension. Integrated isolation from chassis and transducer ground.
• 0-to-1mA signal output for a tension meter
• Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration eliminates potentiometer adjustments to make calibrating simple and fast.
• Meter damping adjustment. Minimizes meter fluctuation (Used with optional tension meter).
• 50:1 calibration range.
• Auto Zero on power up (jumper selectable)
• 10% Calibration Weight Ratio. A 15 lb. calibration weight allows full meter-scale output at 150 lbs. tension.
• TrueView improves machine operation and productivity by making it easier to run proper tension, gain a higher level of process control and reductions of waste, web breaks, and other web problems.
• TrueView is a low-cost tension indicator for a transducer-based tension measurement or control system.Unparalleled Output Stability. Drift-free performance even over wide temperature swings makes the TrueView the most stable tension monitoring device available.
• Safe and reliable performance. Integrated Isolation and Circuit stabilization–including built-in noise and surge protection, short-circuit protection, and active current-limiting on the transducer excitation signal.
• 25% Calibration Weight (25CW). Used when 25% of full scale calibration weight is desired instead of the standard 10% calibration weight. Jumper selectable.
• 230 Volt Input (230). 230Volt 50/60 Hz Ac power input. TI23 version only.
• 4 to 20mA Output (I420). 4 to 20 mA output instead of 0-10V output on output terminals. Isolated from chassis and transducer ground.
• Auto Zero (AZ). Unit will automatically zero the output on each power up. Jumper selected.
• Digital Meter (DM). 4-digit red LED display installed in place of standard analog front panel meter.
• Dual Calibration (DC). Front panel rocker switch allows setting changes between two transducer calibration ranges. Meter scales for both calibration ranges must be selected when ordering.
• Extended Range (XRE). Extends the tension sensing range of XR equipped transducers to effectively increase the transducer sensitivity for very low web tensions. Transducers must have the XR option.
• Non Standard Meter Scale (NMS). Select range at time of ordering.
• Tension Limit Switch (TLS). An open collector output (max. current of 250mA) actuates at a pre-set adjustable tension trip point. Can be used as a web break detector.