NOTE: the USB Interface App will work with SteadyWeb5™ Controllers version 2.3 and up
Its output stability and versatility in managing web tension in the most challenging applications are unmatched.
The SteadyWeb 5 maintains a pre-selected tension set point on a web machine or press by measuring web tension from a tension transducer (or transducer pair), then sending a compensating signal to a tensioning device such as a pneumatic brake, clutch or a DC drive. The digital closed-loop PID control algorithm allows manufacturers to improve process consistency and productivity.
The large, bright and colorful graphic user interface is so easy-to-use that your operators will be up to speed with minimal instruction and training time. Initial setup and configuration is a breeze with illustrated prompts and color graphics. The large front dial allows fast, easy scrolling through configuration values or a quick adjustment to the tension set point.
The controller may be used in unwind, rewind or intermediate tension zones. A variety of controller output modes is available for operating pneumatic or electric brakes and clutches, eddy current clutches, and DC and AC drives:
Drive output (D) 0-10Volt DC compensated output. Used to control DC drives or other variable speed drive systems. This output is isolated from earth ground to make it more compatible with all drives.
Pneumatic output (P) Used to actuate any air-operated brake or clutch. The standard version includes a servo valve and pressure regulator installed in a separate open-back enclosure.
High-voltage output (V) Uses Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCR's) to produce a standard variable voltage of up to 90Vdc to operate any electric brake or clutch, including eddy current clutches.
- Large 4.3-inch graphic display
- Menu scroll knob and soft keys for choice selection
- Choice of wall-mount full enclosure or panelmount for control panel installation.
- Choice of power inputs: 100-240Vac 60/50 Hz or 24 Vdc
- Isolated 0-10Vdc control output
- 0-1 mA tension output
- Storage and Recall for 32 setups
- Auto-detection and selection of transducer excitation (5V or 10V)
- Integrated diagnostic tools
- Automatic and Manual control modes
- Emergency Stop circuit
- Ratio output up and down
- Sample and hold output
- Operator lock-out
- Soft Start
- Tension meter damping
- Integrated diagnostic tools for quick trouble-shooting if necessary
- USB connectivity to upload and download individual job setups to and from a PC
- 230 Volt Power Input
- 24 Vdc Output
- 4-20mA Output
- 45 Vdc Output
- Bipolar 10V Output
- Serial Data Connector
- Metric Pneumatic Fittings
- Ethernet Connection
- Reverse Output
- RS232 or RS485 Interface
- Remote Tension Amplifier
- Speed Follow by DC or Pulse Tach/Encoder
- Tension Limit Switch
- Tension On Relay
- Taper Tension by DC/Pulse Tachs/Encoders, or Diameter Follower
The SteadyWeb5's NEW communication options:
- Serial Communication - Modbus RTU or HCI available as RS232 or RS485 interfaces
- Ethernet - 10/100 Base-T Ethernet card with RJ45 Jack for remote web access (wi-fi enabled)