Please note that DFE's F Series Transducers supersede the UPBH and SUPB style transducers that you may be familiar with. We have replaced the UPB-style transducers with the F-style transducers which provide identical flat Under Pillow Block mounting in a design with enhanced stability and additional features.
When calling to replace a UPB or SUPB transducer, please plan on upgrading in a pair, since you'll need two transducers of the same height to work together.
UPBH, UPBV and SUPB transducers were heavy duty tension transducers made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel and aluminum and are built to last. The design eliminates the use of a hinge making it more reliable and stronger than other Under Pillow Block transducers on the market.
If your application has a web speed over 1000 FPM, please fill out a Critical Speed Analysis form and fax it back to us.
UPB and SUPB Tension Transducer Capabilities
- Install under any standard pillow block bearing
- Low maintenance design - lifetime lubricated
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel and aluminum construction
- Load ratings from 100 - 5000 lbs.(450 - 22250N)
- Available in two frame sizes
- Entire length of top plate is clear for pillow block
- installation only along center line
- Use with live or dead shaft idlers
- Parallelogram construction (UPBH)
Note: Some industry professionals prefer the term 'load cell' to 'transducer' when refering to these tension-sensing devices, but at DFE we've adopted the more accurate description of tension transducer.